Translate!

Monday, 19 May 2014

Tips & Advice : Examinations!

EXO - Moonlight

I am back with a new update~
After like eternity~
I am so weird~
Why am I doing this~

Hehe, so yeah I am back and today is the Horrific Monday everyone dreads about and just on this day, we got our Mid Terms Results back.

Not really that satisfying but yeah, my two friends who worked really hard ended up crying and I know what they did wrong so I will share some tips on how to study well for your examinations!

I am no expert in studying.
I am not a university student taking her exam.
I am not a teacher who sets a paper and watch student cry.
So, these are just MY own advice to you^^!

____________

Well, examinations are always tough, well no shit sherlock, but yeah, it's really hard to understand topics and chapters easily in a week and teachers tend to rush through the textbook and leave the remaining days to revise and all, some go super slow for students to understand and rush through two weeks before the exam or even a week before.

We shouldn't really blame teachers because they are trying their best to teach, unless you can speak better and know every single chapter up in your fingertips then give it a go.

The teacher's job actually is to teach. They are available for you to ask questions and all, stay back and keep asking questions, it's up to you, the student, to make an effort to understand and ask questions, so never blame a teacher.

Unless the teacher is really f*** up, then yeah go ahead and complain, I feel you~ It happens a lot, so yeah.

______________

Lack of sleep.

Majority of my friends, especially the ones who followed me up to express, they would tend to sleep about 2-4 hours the day before the papers and study like a mad cow. 

I get that, practice makes perfect, but maybe start practising a month before the exam to have more time to practice and have sufficient sleep.

Lack of sleep causes you to be unfocused and you tend to forget things easily, it's not a good thing at all, imagine that you have a history paper tomorrow and you need to memorise one thick chapter on Hitler, you start memorising from 8PM to let say, 3AM, and you wake up 2 hours later and you forgot everything.

Not really a good idea to start the night before, nuh uh.

____________________

Have a well organised notebook for each subject.

I have a notebook for all my subjects except for Design and Technology, and I would note down the notes given by teachers as well as my own contextual knowledge (I don't have much so yeah). I would say it's kinda well organised and I am able to see the points clearly and all.

If you were to have a super cramped and untidy notebook, well it shows that you are studious, I agree. But the problem is, how are you going to read? Yeah maybe you can read it, but how much of it. 

Make your life easier and make it organised~

___________________

Have colourful pens to brighten up your notebook!

Guise, this doesn't mean that you have to Decorate your notebook...

It simply means that your notes should have at least 4 different colours for different reasons. This is my colour code for my notebooks.

Blue: Normal Words

Purple: Additional Info

Pink/Red: Key Words

Orange: Tips and Advice

That's for my personal notebooks, for index cards etc, it's damn colourful haha, ask my friends and see what they say. The colours are to emphasise on different things found in a notebook, so try to use a highlighter as well for more emphasis!

While in this process, try not to use TOO much colours, have a fixed colour code and stick to it. Don't make your like so miserable~

___________________

Have a plan or a list of methods to DE-STRESS 

This is one common thing, many students do not have, leading them to so much stress as well as depression. I do have a list but it's something common like drawing, chatting with someone, it's like a daily routine but then again, it helps a lot.

Not being able to de-stress builds a clog in your mind, causing a blockage of info and everything, thus leading you to not knowing the definitions and reasons for many things, basically you are not able to memorise anything.

Trust me, I have many friends who are like that and end up blaming a lot of things in life and have the urge to cut and all.

_________________

I have many more to share, but I would stop right here because
these are just first hand tips,
like I said, these helped me a lot in my exams and
I hope it will help many students out there as well.

I get sad and irritated when my friends start to blame life on
their results and think about suicide.

Guise, suicide doesn't help anything.
I get it, you are pressured, you want to end everything now,
but remember this,
A Mistake is a Key to a door leading to Success.

*SUNNI'S WORDS OF WISDOM*

But yeah, just learn from your mistake. 
We still have the second semester so work hard, but not too hard,
and do well~

Hope I helped you guise and you would apply this to your
future examinations^^!

Shooo~

See ya in da next update~


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comment for Happy Virus!